Mirabella International Pty Ltd ACN 118 074 543 (Mirabella, us, we, our) takes your privacy seriously and is committed to responsible privacy practices.
What is personal information?
Some types of personal information are classified as ‘sensitive information’ and/or ‘health information’, which are subject to additional protection under the Privacy Act. Sensitive information may include information about your racial origin and health status, and health information may include information about a health-related service you have had or will receive, including test results and appointment details.
What types of personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect about you will depend on the purpose for which the personal information is collected. This can include:
- in the case of customers procuring our products and/or services – your name, billing or shipping address, email address, telephone number(s), payment information (including credit card information or alternative payment method account information, and your order details;
- if you have requested to receive news about exclusive offers, promotions, or events from, Mirabella – your name, mailing or street address, email address, and telephone number(s);
- if you have contacted Mirabella to make a complaint, provide feedback, submit an enquiry, request a call-back or request a product replacement – your name, mailing or street address, email address, and telephone number(s);
- in the case of trade credit applicants – information required to assess your credit worthiness, including your credit or business history and any trade referees;
- in the case of prospective employees or contractors – information contained in your application or résumé, recorded during any interview, or obtained through any pre- employment checks, and government-issued identifiers such as tax file numbers; and
- in the case of our suppliers and distributors – your name, mailing or street address, email address, and telephone number(s).
Mirabella will not collect sensitive information about you.
We also collect technical information and general analytics, such as IP address, domain name used, operating system, browser type, search engine used, date and time, and pages visited, some of which is collected automatically arising from your use of our website, as well as information about your usage of our website when browsing (see: “How do we collect personal information” below).
How do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you, including when you:
- access or use our website;
- purchase our products or services;
- sign up to receive news and exclusive offers, promotions, or events;
- enter surveys, competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us;
- make inquiries about us or our products or services or otherwise communicate with us by email, by telephone, in person, via a website or otherwise; and
- apply to work with us or are engaged by us as a
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will only collect personal information about you from you directly and not from third parties.
In limited circumstances, we may collect personal information about you from e.g. publicly available sources (such as the Internet) and from third parties (such as mutual contacts, or if someone makes a purchase on your behalf, or your referees provided during the recruitment process if you apply for a job with us). We may also collect personal information through third parties such as our service providers or through promotional and marketing activities.
We may use the following technologies to collect technical information and general analytics:
- cookies, which are data files that are placed on your device and often include an anonymous unique identifier;
- log files, which track actions occurring on our website; and/or
- web beacons, tags, and pixels, which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our website.
You may disable your web browser from accepting cookies and other tracking technologies used to collect technical information and general analytics on you when browsing our website. If you do so, you can still access our website, but it may impact your user experience.
Can you choose not to disclose your personal information?
If you contact us to make a general enquiry about us or our business, you do not have to identify yourself or provide any personal information. Alternatively, you can also notify us that you wish to deal with us using a pseudonym.
If we cannot collect personal information about you or if you use a pseudonym, we may not be able to provide you with the information or assistance you require. For example, we will not be able to send you information you have requested if you have not provided us with a valid email address or telephone number.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for purposes collected including managing our business and providing our products and services to you, including to:
- provide our products and services to our customers or to receive goods or services from third parties;
- enable the proper operation and functionality of our products and services;
- verify your identity (for example, if you request access to the personal information we holds about you)
- consider you for a job at Mirabella (whether as an employee or contractor) or other relationships with us;
- communicate with you, and to address any issues or complaints that we or you may have regarding our relationship and our products and/or services;
- prevent, detect and investigate suspicious, fraudulent, criminal or other activity that may cause you, us or others harm, including in relation to our products and services;
- comply with our legal obligations such as notifying you of matters that we may be required by law to do so;
- identify opportunities to improve our products and services and to improve our service to you;
- gain insights about you so that we can serve you better, understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and/or enhance products and services you are offered and receive;
- for direct marketing purposes (see “Direct Marketing Communications” below); and
- contact you regarding any of the above, including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful
We may also use or disclose your personal information for our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes and for other purposes to which you have consented, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Technical information and general analytics is used for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are on our website, and to improve our website and our products and services.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes described above (see the “How do we use your personal information?” section).
This may include disclosing your personal information to the following types of third parties:
- our related companies;
- any potential third party acquirer of our business or assets, and advisors to that third party;
- our professional advisers (such as lawyers, accountants or auditors) and insurers;
- our employees, contractors and third party service providers who assist us in performing our functions and activities, e.g. payment systems operators and financial institutions, cloud service providers, data storage providers, shipping companies, telecommunications providers and IT support services providers;
- organisations authorised by us to conduct promotional, research or marketing activities;
- third parties to whom you have authorised us to disclose your information (e.g. referees); and
- any other person as required or permitted by
If we disclose your personal information to third parties we will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that such third parties only use your personal information as reasonably required for the purpose of disclosure and in a manner consistent with applicable laws, for example (where commercially practical) by including suitable privacy and confidentiality clauses in our agreement with a third party service provider to which we disclose your personal information.
Direct marketing communications
We will only send you direct marketing communications (either through mail, SMS or email), including offers any news and exclusive offers, promotions, or events, where you have consented to do so.
You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications at any time by contacting us or by using opt-out facilities provided in the direct marketing communications.
How do we store personal information?
We store your personal information in paper-based files and/or other electronic record keeping methods in secure databases. Personal information may be collected in paper-based documents and converted to electronic form for use or storage (with the original paper-based documents either archived or securely destroyed). We do not combine or link personal information we hold about you with other personal information about you from third party sources.
Does personal information leave Australia?
We store personal information in servers located in Australia. Your personal information will not be disclosed to recipients outside Australia unless you expressly request us to do so. Except where an exception applies under the Privacy Act or other relevant legislation, we will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients to whom we disclose personal information do not breach the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to such personal information.
How do we protect your personal information?
We implement reasonable measures to protect and safeguard your personal information from misuse, loss, theft and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We maintain physical security over paper and electronic data stores, such as through locks and security systems at our premises. We also maintain computer and network security, for example, we use firewalls (security measures for the internet) and other security systems such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to our computer systems.However, particularly for electronic data stores and due to the fact that the Internet is inherently insecure, we cannot guarantee the security of transmission of personal information disclosed to us online. Accordingly, you transmit your personal information to us online at your own risk and are encouraged to exercise care in sending personal information via the internet. Please notify us immediately if you know or reasonably suspect that your personal information has been subject to any data breach, breach of security or other unauthorised activity.
How long do we keep your personal information?
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide access to that information in accordance with the Privacy Act, subject to any exemptions that may apply. We may charge an administration fee in limited circumstances, but we will let you know in advance if that is the case.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it by contacting us at email@example.com. Where we agree that the information needs to be corrected, we will update it. If we do not agree, you can request that we make a record of your correction request with the relevant information.
You can also ask us to notify any third parties that we provided incorrect information to about the correction. We’ll try and help where we can – if we can’t, then we’ll let you know.
Questions or complaints?
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our collection, use, disclosure or management of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to resolving any complaints reasonably and to ensuring that we are doing the right thing by our customers. We will make all reasonable inquiries and your complaint will be assessed with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner.
If you have raised a complaint with us and you are unsatisfied with the outcome or have further concerns about the way we handle your personal information, under the Privacy Act, you may complain to the Information Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details are set out below:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
How to contact us
If you have a query, concern or complaint about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by us or would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you, please contact using the details provided below:
Privacy Officer Mirabella Drive PO BOX 319
+61 3 9335 3633
Changes to this Policy
Last updated: 31 August 2023